Because of the Coronavirus pandemic, the Catholic Bishops of Ohio have ordered that no public Masses be celebrated through Easter. (Your webmaster adds – unofficially – that this may be extended as the situation requires.)
View Mass Live Online from Holy Spirit Friary at Franciscan University of Steubenville
7 days/week at 12:05 pm Eastern Time
Click Here to view the Mass
An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.
Saturday, 10:00 am
Holy Rosary Church
To reduce the risk of contagion as much as possible, the following directives from Bishop Monforton are obligatory:
- There must be a distance of at least six (6) feet between the confessor and the penitent. How you will arrange this depends on the configuration of your confessionals.
- If there is a screen available, it must be utilized
- The penitent is to stand, not kneel, to reduce the risk of spreading illness by touching surfaces
- Confessions are to be heard as quickly as possible
- People awaiting confession are to spread throughout the church, maintaining distances of at least six (6) feet from each other.